Dr. Rahul Pandey and Dr. Jaya Madan from VLSI CoE conducted 4 days’ workshop on “Research level understanding and Hands-on Training on SCAPS-1D for the TCAD designing of solar cells”. In total, 25 participants were registered for this workshop from different institutes like IITs, NITs and other Central Universities. The attendees of the workshop got the training on the following topics.
1. Introduction to SCAPS-1D and its action panel.
2. Define a silicon solar cell to validate and understand different action panels.
3. Define and add a new semiconducting material in SCAPS-1D.
4. Create absorption coefficient file in SCAPS-1D.
5. Batch and recorder setup for the parametric optimisation and extraction of PV parameters
6. Design and calibrations of state-of-the-art perovskite solar cell.