Robotic Process Automation lab was set up in 2018 at Chitkara University, Punjab. To meet the rapidly growing demand for Automation in business, Automation Anywhere, a leading Robotic Process Automation Company has partnered with the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. The idea behind the set-up of this Lab is to establish Robotic Process Automation, to train and certify the next generation of automation engineers for the global IT Industry.
Robotic Process Automation lab provides cutting-edge advantages to the faculty and students with the following objectives:
- To provide different training sessions on RPA.
- To provide e-Learning as well as Offline Certification course access on ChatBot Development, AI, RPA and Machine Learning.
- To conduct different RPA Certification exams for students and faculty members.
- To provide industrial consultancy and live projects.
- The number of students participated in RPA Training – 97
- The number of students certified in Automation Anywhere University Certified Essentials RPA Professional – 65
- The number of certified students in Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional (V11) – 4
- The number of faculty members who attended training on RPA – 15
- The number of faculty members certified in Automation Anywhere University Certified Essentials RPA Professional – 1
- The number of faculty members certified in Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional (V11) – 1
- The number of faculty members certified in Automation Anywhere Certified Master RPA Professional (V11) -1
- Number of faculty members certified in Automation Anywhere Certified RPA trainer – 1
Some of the research areas, we will explore in future under RPA lab are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be incorporated with RPA for advance decision making and better inferencing.
- OCR (Handwritten) – The OCR handwritten is a huge problem right now. So, research will be done on OCR with RPA for improving the recognition rate.
- Keeping in mind the benefits that can be leveraged after integration of RPA and image recognition in research activities, the researchers will start working in this area in the near future.
- Along with this, students and faculty members in Robotic Process Automation Lab will start working upon writing Research articles on Automation in the business processes.