Publications in Journals
- Singh G, Kainth HS, Singh G, Rani N, Duggal H, Upmanyu A, Bhalla A, Kumar S, Mehta D. Measurement of uranium in phosphate fertilizers for groundwater contamination employing X-ray and γ-ray spectroscopic techniques. Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry. 2022 Apr;331(4):1715-22. (SCI, IF-1.371, H-index = 70 )
- Arun Upmanyu, Monika Dhiman, D. P. Singh, and Harsh Kumar. “Thermo-viscous investigations of molecular interactions for the binary mixtures of polyethylene glycol-400 and polyethylene glycol-600 with dimethyl sulfoxide and water at different temperatures.” Journal of Molecular Liquids 334 (2021): 115939. [IF- 6.27, H-index=111]
- Arun Upmanyu, Kumar, Ashutosh Kapil, D. Mehta, and Sanjeev Kumar. “Thickness measurement of low-Z films fabricated on thick substrate using EDXRF technique.” Vacuum 183 (2021): 109852. [IF- 3.01, H-index=85]
- Arun Upmanyu, Monika Dhiman, Dev Priya Gupta, Mohit Kumar Kakkar, Kuljeet Singh, and Devinder Pal Singh. “Frequency Dependence Studies of Acoustical and Thermo-Dynamical Parameters of The Binary Mixtures of Isopropyl Sulphide And Acetic Acid.” Romanian Journal of Acoustics and Vibration 17, no. 2 (2020): 128-134. [H-index=10]
- Monika Dhiman, Kuljeet Singh, Jyotsna Kaushal, Arun Upmanyu, and D. P. Singh. “Ultrasonic study of molecular interactions in polymeric solution of polypropylene glycol-400 and ethanol at 303 K.” Acta Acustica united with Acustica 105, no. 5 (2019): 743-752. [IF-1.081, H-index=54]
- Pooja Mahajan, Jyotsna Kaushal, Arun Upmanyu, and Jasdev Bhatti. “Assessment of phytoremediation potential of Chara vulgaris to treat toxic pollutants of textile effluent.” Journal of toxicology 2019 (2019). [H-index=36]
- Harpreet Singh Kainth, Arun Upmanyu, Hitesh Sharma, Tejbir Singh, and Sanjeev Kumar. “Chemical state analysis of Cl Kα and Kβ1, 3 X-ray emission lines using polychromatic WDXRF spectrometer.” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms 416 (2018): 62-67 [IF-1.229, H-index=119]
- Arun Upmanyu Gurjot Singh, Harpreet Singh Kainth, Devinder Mehta, Jangvir Singh Shahi, and Sanjeev Kumar. “Measurements of elastic scattering cross sections for 25.2, 28.5, 37.4, 36.8, and 42.2 keV X‐ray photons in elements with 22≤ Z≤ 83.” X‐Ray Spectrometry 47, no. 6 (2018): 459-474. [IF-1.445, H-index=44]
- Singh Gurjeet, Gurjot Singh, Nisha Rani, Atul Bhalla, Arun Upmanyu, Sunil Kumar, and Devinder Mehta. “Contribution of flyash from coal-fired thermal power plants to uranium contamination of ground water.” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry 318, no. 2 (2018): 857-863. [IF-1.059, H-index=65]
- Arun Upmanyu, Gurjot Singh, Heena Duggal, H. S. Kainth, Atul Bhalla, and Sanjeev Kumar. “Measurement of large angle Rayleigh scattering cross sections for 39.5, 40.1 and 45.4 keV photons in elements with 26≤ Z≤ 83.” Applied Radiation and Isotopes 128 (2017): 125-131. [IF-1.27, H-index=75]
- Sharma Veena, Arun Upmanyu, Ranjit Singh, Gurjot Singh, Hitesh Sharma, Sanjeev Kumar, and D. Mehta. “Cross section measurements of radiative KL2, 3 RRS in 24Cr and L3M4, 5 RRS in 59Pr for Mn Kα1, 2 X-rays.” Radiation Physics and Chemistry 135 (2017): 55-62. [IF-2.226, H-index=76]
- Singh Gurjot, Arun Upmanyu, Prem Singh, H. S. Kainth, J. S. Shahi, Ranjit Singh, and Sanjeev Kumar. “Rayleigh scattering of 66Dy-K X-rays in elements with 22≤ Z≤ 90.” Radiation Physics and Chemistry 141 (2017): 257-263. [IF-2.226, H-index=76]
- Singh Gurjeet, Gurjot Singh, Arun Upmanyu, Harpreet S. Kainth, Sanjeev Kumar, and Devinder Mehta. “Alignment of L3 subshell vacancy states created without Coster–Kronig decay through the selective photoionization in 82 Pb, 90 Th and 92 U and effect of external magnetic field.” The European Physical Journal D 71, no. 10 (2017): 1-11. [IF-1.393, H-index=89]
- Prem Singh, Poonam Gramni, H. S. Kainth, Upmanyu and S. Kumar. Physio-emical and EDXRF Analysis of Water Samples from District Kurukshetra, Haryana, India. Nat Sci 2017;15(2):62-67 [Peer reviewed]
- Arun Upmanyu, and D. P. Singh. “Ultrasonic Studies of Molecular Interactions in Polymer Solution of the Polyisobutylene (PIB) and Benzene.” Acta Acustica united with Acustica 100, no. 3 (2014): 434-439. [IF-1.081, H-index=54]
- Singh, D. P., and Arun Upmanyu. “Acoustical Investigations of Molecular Interactions in Polymer Solution of Pan/Clay Nano Composites and DMSO.” Journal of Polymer and Biopolymer Physics Chemistry 2, no. 4 (2014): 73-77. [Peer reviewed]
- Singh, D. P., and Arun Upmanyu. “Thermo-acoustic studies of trans-4-cyano cinnamic acid ester liquid crystal.” J. Pure Appl. Phys 5 (2009): 203-213. [Peer reviewed]
Publications in Coneference
- Upmanyu A, Kainth HS, Kailash, Kapil A, Kumar S, Mehta D. Rayleigh differential scattering cross-sections for Mn K α and Mn K β photons in some rare earth elements. InAIP Conference Proceedings 2022 May 9 (Vol. 2357, No. 1, p. 070005). AIP Publishing LLC. [H-index=75]
- Gupta DP, Upmanyu A, Dhiman M, Singh DP. Estimation of ultrasonic velocity and viscosity of polymer solutions of HTPB+ chlorobenzene at different temperatures. InAIP Conference Proceedings 2022 May 9 (Vol. 2357, No. 1, p. 060003). AIP Publishing LLC. [H-index=75]
- Dhiman M, Upmanyu A, Kumar P, Bhatti J, Singh DP. Molecular interactions study in polymer blends of chitosan (Ch)/polyvinyl pyrrolidone (PVP) in a buffer solution, within 303.15 K-323.15 K. InAIP Conference Proceedings 2022 May 9 (Vol. 2357, No. 1, p. 070008). AIP Publishing LLC. [H-index=75]
- Bhatt MC, Upmanyu A, Bansal SC, Garkoti HC. Comparative Study of High-Resolution Computed Tomography Thorax in Unvaccinated and Vaccinated COVID-19 Patients. ECS Transactions. 2022 Apr 24;107(1):5945. [H-index=52]
- Sirohi A, Dogra A, Singh DP, Upmanyu A. Quasi-Crystalline Behavior of Imidazolium Based Pure Ionic Liquids Over the Extended Pressure Range. ECS Transactions. 2022 Apr 24;107(1):8583. [H-index=52]
- Dhiman M, Gupta DP, Dogra A, Singh DP, Upmanyu A. Effective Debye Temperature and Quasi-Crystalline Behavior of Water at Elevated Pressure and in the Temperature Range: 353.15 K to 473.15 K. ECS Transactions. 2022 Apr 24;107(1):5681. [H-index=52]
- Monika Dhiman, Kuljeet Singh, D. P. Gupta, D. P. Singh, and Arun Upmanyu. “Study of excess acoustical and thermo-dynamical parameters of binary solutions of polypropylene glycol-400 and n-alkanols at 303 K.” In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2220, no. 1, p. 080001. AIP Publishing LLC, 2020. [H-index=75]
- Kuljeet Singh, Monika Dhiman, Pankaj Kumar, D. P. Gupta, D. P. Singh, and Arun Upmanyu. “Thermo-acoustic investigations of molecular interactions in CuO nano particles contained aqueous solutions of some glycols.” In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2220, no. 1, p. 020087. AIP Publishing LLC, 2020 [H-index=75]
- D.P. Singh, and Arun Upmanyu, “Acoustical investigations of molecular interactions in polymer solutions of pan/clay nano composites and DMSO”, “Acoustics Week in Canada 2014” Conference, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, Oct. 7-10, 2014
- Arun Upmanyu, Harpreet Singh Kainth, Kailash, Ashutosh Kapil, Sanjeev Kumar and D. Mehta.”Rayleigh Differential Scattering Cross-sections for Mn Ka and Mn Kb Photons in Some Rare Earth Elements. In AIP Conference Proceedings”, vol. 2357 (in press)– [H-index=75]
- Monika Dhiman, Arun Upmanyu, Pankaj Kumar, Jasdev Bhatti, D.P. Singh Molecular interactions study in polymer blends of chitosan(Ch)/polyvinyl pyrrolidone(PVP) in a buffer solution, within 303.15 K -323.15 K. In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2357 (in press)– [H-index=75].
- D. P. Gupta, Arun Upmanyu, Monika Dhiman, D.P.Singh Estimation of viscosity and ultrasonic velocity of polymer solutions of HTPB + chlorobenzene in the temperature range 303.15 K – 318.15 K. In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2357 (in press)– [H-index=75].
- Monika Dhiman, Kuljeet Singh, D.P. Gupta, Arun Upmanyu and D. P. Singh. “Acoustical Estimation Of Effective Debye Temperature Of Polymer Solutions In The Temperature Range 303.15 K-313.15 K. NSA-2019 Ravenshaw University, India, October 17-19, 2019.
- Upmanyu, Arun, P. Singh, and A. Sharma. “Thermo-acoustic investigations of non-linear parameters of inorganic salts with fructose.” Canadian Acoustics 40, no. 3 (2012): 143-144.
- D. P. Singh and Arun Upmanyu, “Ultrasonic Interferometeric Technique to Measure Thermo-Acoustic Parameters of Liquid Crystal”, Proc. National Conference On Advances In Instrumentation, July 17-19, 2009, Adesh Institute of Engg. and Tech., Faridkot (Pb.), India, pp.49-52.
- D. P. Singh and Arun Upmanyu “Ultrasonic Studies of Interactions In Polymer Solutions Of HTPB+Chlorobenzene”, Proc. Recent Advances In Chemical & Environmental Sciences January 16-17, 2009, M. M. Modi College, Patiala (Pb.), India, pp. 15 (Abstract Published).
- Arun Upmanyu and Kiranpreet Kaur, “Ultrasonic investigation of liquid mixture of thiolane 1,1-dioxide with diethylamine at 308.15 K”, Proc. National Conference on Smart, Electronic and Engineering Materials 2010, 5-6 March 2010, Baba Farid College of Engg. and Tech., Bathinda, Pb., India, pp.44 (Abstract Published)
- Arun Upmanyu and D.P. Singh, “Ultrasonic Investigations of Intermolecular Interactions in Polymer solution of polyisobutylene and Benzene”. Proc. 14th Punjab Science Congress, Feb. 7-9, 2010, SLIET LOGOWAL, Pb., India, pp.119 (Abstract Published)
- Arvind Sharma, Arun Upmanyu and D. P. Singh, “Ultrasonic Studies Of Interaction In Cypermethrin With n-Hexane”, Proc. “Global Upcoming in Environment, Science & Technology 2012”, April 13-14, 2012, pp 57-63.
- Arvind Sharma, Arun Upmanyu and D. P. Singh “Ultrasonic Studies of Molecular Interactions in Binary mixture of Fenvalerate and n- Hexane”. Proc. of National Conf. on Materials Science, 2-3 March 2012, DAV College, Jalandhar, Pb., India (Abstract Published).
Workshop/ FDP Organised
- Three Days workshop on Introduction of IPR and its Emerging Trends: A Guide to Protect Our Rights from 23 to 25 May, 2022, CURIN, Chitkara University, Punjab
- Fifteen-days Workshop “Physical/Chemical/Allied Sciences” under CUARS 2021 from 14 June -2 July 2021, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Fifteen-days Workshop on “Journey from Research to Publication” from 13-th 27 th July 2020), Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Five days national workshop on innovative Techniques of characterization, optimization & data analysis (ITCOD) from 8th July-12 July’19, held at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Five day national workshop on art of writing: a permeable for thesis and research paper (AWTRP-19) from 18th- 22nd December, 2019, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Two days workshop on COMMUNITY AND RESEARCH from June 29-30, 2019, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Two days workshop on EPICS, Chitkara University, Punjab from Dec., 19-20 Dec, 2018.
- Faculty development programme in Statistical Tools in research, 26 Feb, 2019, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- One Day Workshop on Ethics, Education and Enthusiasm Among the Youth”, March 3, 2017, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Convener of National Conference on Advances in Applied Sciences and Mathematics (NCASM-20)- AIP Proceedings [Scopus, h-index= 75], held on 24-25 September, 2020 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Convener of Chitkara University Doctoral Consortium – CUDC 2021- IOP Proceedings [Scopus, h-index= 52], held on 12-13 November, 2021, Chitkara Univeristy,Punjab
- Organising Secretary of 26th National conference of Liquid Crystals held on 21-23 October, 2019, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Co-convener of International Conference “Arise, Awake and Stop Not: Reflections on Swami Vivekananda’s Global Thought” PTU Sponsored International Conference Rayat- Bahra Institute of Engineering & Nano Technology, Hoshiarpur, (Pb.)-INDIA 6th -7th February, 2015.
Expert Talk Organised/Delivered
- Delivered a Expert talk on the What role does science and technology play in solving societal problems?”held on 18 May, 2022, Shemrock School, Zirakpur, Patiala.
- Delivered a Expert talk on Insight of Elemental Analysis using X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)Techniques held on 30 January, 2021, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Delivered a Expert Talk on Importance of acoustical and thermo-acoustical parameters in Medical Sciences held on during International conference on Natural Polymer on 7 December 2021, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam Kerala, India.
- Organised Sir C. V. Raman Memorial Lecture on “Recent Trends in Space Sciences and Technology held on 16 February, 2020, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Organised Talk on Noise: sources, monitoring, control, standards and guidelines for the safe noise limits held on 14 December, 2020, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Organised Sir C.V. Raman memorial Lecture on “A Glance to Nano World” held on 26 February, 2021 Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Delivered a Expert lecture on Teaching Methodology to select Community problems as a Student Project” held on 27, February, 2019, SGHRS College for Women, Chabbewal, Hoshiarpur, India.
Field of Specialisation
Molecular interactions studies in Polymers, Ionic liquids, Liquid crystals, Liquid mixtures, Thermo-acoustical and Thermo-viscous study of liquid mixtures, Elastic, Resonant Raman Scattering of Transition elements, Lanthanides and Actinides Series, Elemental analysis of nano materials, Human moments, LASER, Optical Fiber, Quantum mechanics, Classical Mechanics, X-rays Spectroscopy.
Training programs conducted
- One session conducted on the topic how to healthy Introduction of Research paper” during Fifteen-days Workshop on “Journey from Research to Publication” (JRP-20) 13th – 27 th July 2020) at Chitkara University, Punjab from 13th – 27th July 2020)
- IUCEE-EPICS workshop on Design thinking for Faculty at Chitkara University, Punjab from 19-20 Dec., 2018.
- One session conducted on Art of writing a better research paper during Five Days National Workshop on Art of Writing: A Permeable For Thesis And Research Paper (AWTRP-19) at Chitkara University, Punjab from 18th- 22nd Dec., 2019.