- Chand P.K., Kadel N., Mittal A., Mantri A. (2022), “The Relationship of Organizational Ambidexterity and Organizational Virtuousness in the Automobile Industry of India”, published in International Journal of Sociotechnology and Knowledge Development, Issue 14, No. 1, pp. 1-20, visit: https://www.igi-global.com/article/the-relationship-of-organizational-ambidexterity-and-organizational-virtuousness-in-the-automobile-industry-of-india/301262
- Datta R., Mantri A., Singh G., Kumar A., Kaur D.P. (Feb., 2022), “Evaluating Usability of Mobile Augmented Reality System for Enhancing the Learning Experience”, published in 2021 Sixth International Conference on Image Processing, 2022, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9702603
- Kumar A., Mantri A., Singh G., Kaur D.P. (Jan., 2022), “Impact of AR-based Collaborative Learning Approach on Knowledge Gain of Engineering Students in Embedded System Course”, published by Education and Information Technology, Springer, 2022, visit: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-021-10858-9
- Dutta R., Mantri A., Singh G. (Jan., 2022), “Evaluating System Usability of Mobile Augmented Reality Application for Teaching Karnaugh‑Maps”, published in Smart Learning Environment, Springer Nature, Issue 9, No. 6, pp. 1-27, 2022, visit: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40561-022-00189-8
- Singh N.P., Sarthy P., Mantri A., Singh G., Ghosh D., Singh T.G., Saluja N.K., Kaur R., (Nov., 2021), “Spatio-Temporal Pattern Representation from AI Inspired Brain Model in Spiking Neural Network”, Published by Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry Journal, Vol. 12, Issue 5, pp. 6618-6631, 2021, ISSN: 2069-5837, visit: https://doi.org/10.33263/BRIAC125.66186631
- Sharma B., Singh N.P., Mantri A., Gargrish S., Tuli N., Sharma S. (Nov., 2021), “Save the Earth: Teaching Environment Studies using Augmented Reality”, published in 2021 6th International Conference on Signal Processing, Computing and Control (ISPCC), 2021, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9609463
- Parthasarthy P.K., Singh N.P., Mantri A., Mittal A. (Nov., 2021), “The Covid 19 Fighter: An Interactive Learning Platform”, published in Smart Green Connected Societies Journal, Vol. 1, No. 10, 2021, visit: https://spast.org/techrep/article/view/3095
- Pathania M., Mantri A., Kaur D.P., Singh C.P., Sharma B. (Aug., 2021), “A Chronological Literature Review of Different Augmented Reality Approaches in Education”, published by Springer in Technology, Knowledge and Learning, 2021, visit: https://www.springerprofessional.de/en/a-chronological-literature-review-of-different-augmented-reality/19588988
- Parthasarthy P.K., Mantri A., Mittal A., Kumar P., (May, 2021), “Digital Brain Building A Key to Improve Cognitive Functions by an EEG-Controlled Videogames as Interactive Learning Platform”, published by Springer in Congress on Intelligent Systems, pp. 241-252, 2021, visit: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-981-33-6981-8_20
- Gargrish S., Sharma B., Tuli n., Mantri A., Modgil A. (April, 2021), “Augmented Reality Applications in Education: Teachers Opinion”, published in International Conference on Innovative Computing & Communication (ICICC) 2021, visit: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3833872
- Tuli N., Mantri A., Sharma S., Singh G., Gargrish S., Sharma B. (April, 2021), “The Learning Approaches using Augmented Reality in Learning Environments: Meta-Analysis”, published in 2021-International Conference on Advance Computing and Innovative Technologies in Engineering (ICACITE), IEEE, 2021, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9404738
- Gargrish S., Kaur D.P., Mantri A., Singh G., Sharma B. (April, 2021), “Measuring Effectiveness of Augmented Reality-based Geometry Learning Assistant on Memory Retention Abilities of the Students in 3D Geometry”, published by Computer Applications in Engineering Education, Wiley Online Library, Vol. 29, Issue 6, pp. 1811-1824, 2021, visit: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/cae.22424
- Kumar A., Mantri A. (Jan. 2021), “Evaluating the Attitude towards the Intention to use ARITE System for Improving Laboratory Skills by Engineering Educators”, published in Education and Information Technology, 27, pp. 671-700, 2021, visit: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10639-020-10420-z
- Annireddy S., Mantri A. (Jan., 2021), “Resolving Network Issues using Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality”, published in Journal Engineering Education Transformations, Vol. 34, Special Issue, eISSN: 2394-1707, pp. 464-467, 2021, visit: DOI:16920/jeet/2021/v34i0/157196
- Mittal A., Mantri A., Tandon U., Dwivedi Y.K., (Jan., 2021), “A Unified Perspective on the Adoption of Online Teaching in Higher Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic”, published in Information Discovery and Delivery, ISSN 2398-6247, 2021, visit: https://doi.org/10.1108/IDD-09-2020-0114
- Kaur D., Mantri A., (Dec., 2020), “Vision Tracking and Optical Character Recognition for Augmented Reality based Attendance System” published in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 993, 2020, visit: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/993/1/012121/meta
- Kumar A., Mantri A., (Dec., 2020), “Gesture Based Model of Mixed Reality Human-Computer Interface”, published in 2020 9th International Conference System Modeling and Advancement in Research Trends (SMART) 2020, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9337130/authors#authors
- Faridi H., Tuli N., Mantri A., Singh G., Gargrish S., (Oct., 2020), “A Framework Utilizing Augmented Reality to Improve Critical Thinking Ability and Learning Gain of the Students in Physics” published in Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 2020, visit: https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22342
- Gargrish S., Mantri A., Singh G., Harun (Sept., 2020), “Measuring Students’ Motivation towards Virtual Reality Game-Like Learning Environments”, published in 2nd International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networks (ICAN 2020), 2020, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9181362
- Singh G., Mantri A., Sharma O., Kaur R., (Sept., 2020), “Virtual Reality Learning Environment for Enhancing Electronics Engineering Laboratory Experience”, published in Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 2020, visit: https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22333
- Kumar A., Mantri A., Dutta R. (April, 2020), “Development of An Augmented Reality-Based Scaffold to Improve the Learning Experience of Engineering Students in Embedded System Course”, published in Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 2020, visit: https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22245
- Kadyan V., Mantri A., Aggarwal R.K. (Nov., 2019), “Improved filter Bank on Multitaper Framework for robust Punjabi-ASR System”, published in International Journal of Speech Technology, 23, pp. 87-100, 2019, visit: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10772-019-09654-1
- Gupta S., Chaudhary R., Gupta S., Kaur A., Mantri A. (Nov., 2019), “A Survey on Tracking Techniques in Augmented Reality based Application”, published in Fifth International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP), 2019, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8985779
- Singh G., Mantri A., Sharma O., Dutta R., Kaur R. (Nov., 2019), “Evaluating the impact of the augmented reality learning environment on electronics laboratory skills of engineering students”, Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering Education, Vol. 27, Issue 6, pp. 1361-1375, 2019, visit: https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.22156
- Kutkuri P.K., Mantri A., Anireddy S. (Oct., 2019), “Innovations in Tourism Industry & Development Using Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR)”, published in 2019 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), 2019, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8929478
- Sharma B., Mantri A., (Oct., 2019), “Augmented Reality Underpinned Instructional Design (ARUIDs) for Cogno-Orchestrative Load”, published in Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Vol. 16, pp. 4379-4388, 2019, visit: https://doi.org/10.1166/jctn.2019.8529
- Kaur D., Mantri A., Horen B. (Oct., 2019), “Design Implications for Adaptive Augmented Reality based Interactive Learning Environment for improved Concept Comprehension in Engineering Paradigms”, published in Interactive Learning Environments, Vol. 27, Issue 8, 2019, visit: https://doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2019.1674885
- Kaur A., Mantri A., Kumar V. (April, 2019), “Design and Development of MEMS Sensors based Inertial Navigation Systems for Aerial Vehicles: A Case Study”, published in International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control, Vol. 9, pp. 1-10, 2019, visit: https://doi.org/10.2174/2210327909666190409124143
- Kadyan V., Mantri A., Aggarwal R.K., Singh A. (Dec., 2018), “A Comparative Study of Deep Neural Network Based Punjabi-ASR System”, published in International Journal of Speech Technology, Vol. 22, Issue 1, pp. 111-119, 2019, visit: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10772-018-09577-3
- Kaur D.P., Mantri A. Horan B., (Oct. 2018), “A Framework Utilizing Augmented Reality to Enhance the Teaching-Learning Experience of Linear Control Systems”, published in IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 65, Issue 5, pp. 155-164, 2018, visit: https://doi.org/10.1080/03772063.2018.1532822
- Kadyan V., Mantri A., Aggarwal R.K. (Sept. 2018), “Refinement of HMM Model Parameters for Punjabi Automatic Speech Recognition (PASR) System”, published in IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 64, Issue 5, pp. 673-88, 2018, visit: https://doi.org/10.1080/03772063.2017.1369370
- Tuli N., Mantri A. (July, 2018), “A co-design Methodology to Design and Develop Serious Educational Games: Integrating the Actors and Challenges in Each Phase”, published in \International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networks (ICAN 2017), pp. 42-52, 2017, visit: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0755-34.
- Kumar A., Kaur A., Sharma B., Mantri A. (Mar., 2018), “Gesture Based Human Computer Interaction Model for Mixed Reality System”, published in 12th INDIACOM and 5th IEEE International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, Bharati Vidyapeeth, Delhi, 2018.
- Sharma B., Mantri A. (Mar. 2018), “Development of Science Learning Tool Using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality & Mixed Reality”, published in 12th INDIACOM and 5th International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, pp. 2849-2853, 14-16th March, 2018, BVICAM, New Delhi.
- Tuli N., Gargrish S., Mantri A. (Dec., 2017), “Low-cost Learning Environment for Grass-root Education”, published in 5th IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference R10-HTC 2017, pp. 615-19, Vol. Jan. 2018, visit: https://doi.org/10.1109/R10-HTC.2017.8289035
- Kadyan, V., Mantri A., Aggarwal R.K. (Dec. 2017), “A Heterogeneous Speech Feature Vectors Generation Approach with Hybrid hmm Classifiers”, published in International Journal of Speech Technology, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 761-769, ISSN: 1381-2416, 2017, visit: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10772-017-9446-9
- Juneja S., Mantri A., Sharma R. (Nov. 2017), “Strategic Partnership with Industry to Strengthen Core Competency in Electronics – Need, Opportunities, Challenges and Success Stories”, published in 7th World Engineering Education Forum (WEEF), 2017, visit: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8467138
- Sharma B., Kaur A., Kumar A., Mantri A. (Sept. 2017), “Distinct Techniques of Gesture Recognition”, International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction-INTERACT 2017, eptember 25-29, 2017, held at Mumbai India.
- Kaur A., Sharma B., Pandey A., Mantri A. (Sept. 2017), “Technical Aspects of Gesture Recognition Devices”, International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction-INTERACT 2017, September 25-29, 2017, held at Mumbai India.
- Kaur A., Mantri A. (May, 2017), “Design of Virtual Reality Based FPGA Teaching and Learning Aid for Engineering Students”, Chitkara University Doctoral Consortium (CUDC-2017), 13 May, 2017, Chitkara University, India.
- Kaur A., Mantri A. (May, 2017), “Using Augmented Reality for Interactive Learning in Engineering Education”, Chitkara University Doctoral Consortium (CUDC-2017), 13 May, 2017, Chitkara University, India.
- Kaur A., Balsunder P., Kumar V., Mantri A. Joseph Raj A.N., (Oct. 2016), “MEMS based Inertial Navigation system: An Exploratory Analysis”, 5th International Conference on Wireless Networking and Embedded Systems WECON, 2016, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Tuli N., Mantri A. (Jan, 2016), “Interactive Faculty Display: Giving AR Experience”, published in Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 61-66, 2016, visit: http://dx.doi.org/10.16920/jeet/2016/v29i3/85222
- Singh G., Mantri A. (Dec. 2015), “Ubiquitous Hybrid Tracking Techniques for Augmented Reality Applications”, 1st International Conference on Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences, RACES- 2015, 2015, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Mantri A. (Oct. 2015), “A Blended Learning Model to Achieve Academic Excellence in Preparing Postgraduate Engineering Students to become University Teachers”, 3rd International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE), pp. 9-14, 2015, ACET, Amritsar.
- Kaur D., Mantri A. (Oct. 2015), “Computer Vision and Sensor Fusion for efficient Hybrid Tacking in Augmented Reality Systems”, 3rd International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE), pp. 176-181, 2015, ACET, Amritsar.
- Sharma B., Mantri A. (Mar., 2015), “Review of Graphical Rendering Software’s for Creating Virtual Content for AR Applications”, 4th International Conference on Wireless Networking and Embedded Systems WECON, 2015, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Tuli N., Mantri A. (Mar., 2015), “Interaction Techniques: Helping user Manipulate AR Virtual Content”, 4th International Conference on Wireless Networking and Embedded Systems WECON 2015, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Kaur N., Mantri A. (Mar. 2015), “An overview of Display hardware for merging the virtual images with the view of the real world for augmented reality Applications”, 4th International Conference on Wireless Networking and Embedded Systems WECON 2015, March 20-21, 2015, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Kaur D., Mantri A. (Mar. 2015), “Comparative Analysis of Indoor and Outdoor Tracking Techniques for Augmented Reality Applications”, published in 4th International Conference on Wireless Networking and Embedded Systems WECON 2015, March 20-21, 2015, Chitkara University, Punjab, India.
- Mantri A., Ahuja S. (Jan. 2015), “Innovation Management Process in Young Academic Institutes”, published in Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Special Issue, pp. 252-256, eISSN 2394-1707, 2015, DOI: 10.16920/jeet/2015/v0i0/59728.
- Tuli N., Mantri A. (Jan., 2015), “Augmented Reality Teaching Aid: Making Chemistry Interactive”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, Special Issue, pp 188- 191, eISSN 2394-1707, 2015, visit: DOI: 16920/ijerit/2015/v0i0/59624.
- Mantri A. (May, 2014), “Working towards scalable model of Problem Based Learning instruction in Undergraduate Engineering Education”, published in European Journal of Engineering Education, Vol 39, Issue 3, pp. 282-99, 2014, visit: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03043797.2013.858106.
- Mantri A., Chitkara M. (Dec, 2013), “A Faculty Experience on Evolving an Engineering Curriculum with project-based Learning as co-educational Strategy”, published IEEE conference on Information Management in Knowledge Economy, Chitkara University, India Dec 19-20, 2013, pp 108-117,
- Marda V., Mantri A. (Dec 2013), “Operational excellence in Indian Higher Education: Renewed Focus on Roles of Enablers”, published in IEEE conference on Information Management in Knowledge Economy, Chitkara University, India pp. 123-126, 2013.
- Mantri A., Dutt S., Gupta J.P. (Feb., 2009), “Using PBL to deliver course in Digital Electronics”, Advances in Engineering Education, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 1-17, 2009. visit: http://www.scribd.com/doc/130993321/Using-PBL-to-deliver-course-in-Digital-Electronics
- Mantri A., Dutt S., Gupta J.P. (Nov., 2008), “Design and Evaluation of a PBL based Course in Analog Electronics”, IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol.51, No.4, pp. 432-438, 2008. visit: http://www.scribd.com/doc/130992611/Design-and-Evaluation-of-PBL-Based-Course-in-Analog-Electronics
- Mantri A., (Oct., 2008), “Problem Based Learning (PBL) in Engineering Education in India: An urgently needed paradigm shift”, Journal of Engineering and Technology Education, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 21-25, 2008.
- Mantri A., Dutt S., Gupta J.P. (April, 2008), “Designing Problems for Problem-based Learning Course in Analog Electronics: Cognitive and Pedagogical Issues”, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, vol.14, no.2, pp 33-42, 2008, visit: http://www.engineersmedia.com.au/journals/aaee/abstracts_14_2.html
- Rajnish Sharma, Archana Mantri, Sumeet Dua (Eds.), Computing Analysis and Networks, First International Conference, (ICAN-2017), Chandigarh, India October, 2017 (Proceedings), published by Springer, July 2018 (ISBN: 9811307547, 978-9-811-30754-6)
- Archana Mantri, Suman Nandi, Gaurav Kumar, Sandeep Kumar (Eds.), High Performance Architecture and Grid Computing, International Conference, HPAGC 2011, Chandigarh, India, July, 2011 (Proceedings) published by Springer, 2011 (ISSN 1865-0929; ISBN: 978-3-642-22576-5)
BOOK CHAPTER PUBLISHED:
- Archana Mantri, Problem-Based Learning and Me, published in Global Women Engineering Leaders: Share their Journeys to Professional Success, International Federation of Engineering Education Societies, Global Engineering Deans Council, 1st Edition, October, 2019, Journey 16, pp. 183-192. ISBN 978-0-359-91449-4, ISBN eBook: 978-0-359-95358-5.
- Sagar Juneja, Rajnish Sharma, Archana Mantri, Sumeet Dua, Preface, 1st International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networks, ICAN 2017; Oct. 27-28, 2017, Chitkara University, Punjab, Vol. 805, 2018 , pp. V-VI, visit: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-0755-3.
- Sachin Ahuja, Archana Mantri, Designing and Implementing an Innovation Management system in Young Academic Institutions Using Agile Methodology, published in Achieving Entreprise Agility through Innovative Software Development, IGI Global Publisher, 2015, Chapter 2, pp. 17-35.
ASSOCIATION WITH JOURNALS:
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies, Published by Chitkara University, India (https://tmg.chitkara.edu.in/index.php/tmge)
- Associate Chief-Editor, Journal of Today’s Ideas- Tomorrow’s Technologies, Published by Chitkara University, India (https://jotitt.chitkara.edu.in/index.php/jotitt)
- Science Fest and Fair on Design, Development and Implementation of a Sustainable program/Model for the Skill Development of School Children in the Field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) (Dec., 2021): To sensitize and motivate school children about the importance and benefits of learning concepts of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics STEM through activities like seminars, tutorials, hands-on workshops; to make students aware about that role that technology and entrepreneurship can play in tackling various societal problems; to enhance interaction of school children with technology by incorporating computer-based learning, AR/VR technology, embedded systems, rapid prototyping etc. in the proposed activities under this program; to analyze the outcomes of different activities carried out under this program for the selected schools and use the learnings to propose a sustainable model for the skill development of school children in the field of STEM; and to conduct exclusive train-the-trainer programs for school teachers to make this model self-sustainable; and to conduct a Science Fair or Fest to demonstrate the success of the proposed model.
- Science Technology and Innovation Hub at Chitkara University for Patiala Rajpura Block, District Patiala, Punjab (Started Jan 2020): Development of low cost automation system using IoT for agriculture/animal health/Milk Production; Development of water management system for rural area; Implementation of AR/VR teaching/learning aid to improve the traditional education system; Execution of healthcare strategies to improve availability, accessibility and affordability by providing e-health system.
- NewGen IEDC (Started Jan ’19): A mission to promote knowledge based and technology-driven start-ups by harnessing young minds and their innovation potential in an academic environment.”
- Technology Enabling Centre (Started May, ’19): To promote Industry-Academia collaboration in the region; to promote IP focused research and consultancy by the University; to license the technologies so developed to the industry for benefit of the Society; to ignite the innovation and research spark in the University ecosystem; and to become self-sustaining Centre in five years from the date of launch
- IGIP Teacher Certification program with IUCEE and Microsoft India (Started Feb ’15): This IUCEE-IGIP certificate program is designed to provide theoretical and practical inputs for developing the engineering educators in imparting effective, student-centered instruction. The program is evolved, designed and delivered in blended learning mode and comprises seven modules including “Active-Learning” “Technologies for Engineering Education” and “Collaborative Learning”. I was the resource person for “Collaborative Learning” module. There were 35 participants (Engineering faculty members) from all across India.
- Project ARTeLe – Augmented Reality Teaching Learning (Started on Aug ‘14), at Centre of Education Innovation and Learning Analytics, CURIN, Chitkara University, India: This Project aims at developing Augmented Reality Teaching Aids for Engineering and Vocational Education. The project group works specifically in Hybrid tracking techniques and developing haptic interfaces for various real time applications.
- Project TeK 12 – Revamping Technology Curriculum of K-12 (Started on Aug ’14) at Centre of Research in Education Innovation and Learning Analytics, CURIN, Chitkara University, India: The technology curriculum in India as per the CBSE, NCERT et al has been limited to teaching of computers and use of very limited software packages only. The technology has taken many leaps, since times and has become integral part of growing up. Technology around us thus is driving the life skills and so there is crying need of revamping the refurbishing the technology curriculum of k-12 education system. A cross-functional team of University and k-12 teachers takes up the task of revamping the curriculum to include more technology components viz – mobile technology, robotics, and household technology. The curriculum so designed boasts of using “technology to teach technology” philosophy and design of to-do kits to inculcate experiential learning in k-12.
- Project Radhakrishan”(Started on Aug ’14) at Centre of Research in Education Innovation and Learning Analytics, CURIN, Chitkara University, India: This project is for developing a highly secure and robust ERP system for University Examination based on Learning analogies, analytics and Assessment technologies. The platform so developed has capabilities for question banking, paper setting, adaptive testing and inferential learning analytics.
- Development of Mini MOOC’s (2016-17), Newton Bhabha Project funded by RAENGG at Chitkara University, India.
- Learning Technologies for Vocational Education (Sept’13 to March’14) at CHILLI Lab, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland: This collaborative project is in the backdrop of exploring the Indian landscape of Vocational Education vis-à-vis that of Switzerland. It aims to analyse the policy framework of VET in India and key bodies involved, to analyse and understand the VET framework of Switzerland, to see how tangible and haptic interfaces can be used to develop aids for vocational education and to study cognitive effects of using technologies in classroom and workplace environments.
- Cooperation in PBL Environments (June’13 to August’13) at Media research lab, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland: This short project was funded (CHF 11,650) under the International Short Visit instrument of Swiss National Foundation (SNF). The overall goal of this project is to demonstrate the benefits of scaffolding PBL processes on the basis of semi-structured data. We formed the basis for structuring both the content and the cooperative processes using XML in PBL environments. The project aimed at taking a bird’s eye view on the research already done in these areas and at finding out where the technology is headed to for CSCW in PBL contexts. It further intended to build a cross mapping of processes in physical spaces of PBL environments, with those in software environments. For the benefit of current and future researchers, we consolidated and gave a one stop-shop to see the current trends and tell the directions where new technology, tool or application could take off in areas of computer supported PBL.
- Use of Tablet PCs for enhancement of technology enabled learning experience (June’09 to August’11) at Chitkara University, India: This study / developmental project was funded (USD 170,000) by Hewlett Packard. It involved creating general and responsible awareness about IT tools and equipments amongst students, faculty and administrators of the University. The project coincided with the onset of E-Learning era in India in general. It was concluded that the use of Laptops could not be deferred to any later date keeping in pace with the state of art learning trends. The curriculum, mode of delivery and use of teaching tools were then modified suitably to include PCs/Laptops at all levels. It also helped in setting the stage for transfer of all academic and administrative processes of the University to online mode.
- Effect of Problem Based Learning Instruction in Undergraduate course of Electronics and Communication Engineering (August’06 to Feb’10): This research project was funded (INR 2,000,000) by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), India and Chitkara University, India and resulted in my PhD thesis with the same title. It involved design, development, training, implementation and testing of PBL curriculum for three courses of UG program of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The effects on knowledge, skill and attitude of students were measured and some fabulous positive results were obtained. The success of the project set stage for widespread acceptance of PBL in all branches of Engineering at UG level in Chitkara University. I spearheaded all initiatives for shift of designs, processes and systems of traditional University to adapt to those of PBL. Now, the University has successfully placed and is practicing PBL as a co-educational strategy. The experience is evolving and continuously improving. Based on the outstanding and innovative academic systems and processes based on PBL, the University was recognized, appreciated and finally accredited by (National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), UGC, India in May 2010.
Field of Specialisation:
PBL, Case studies, flipped and blended learning models, Assessment methods, learning analytics, accreditation process, Outcome based Education, Research Management
Training programs conducted:
- IUCEE Pre-certification workshop conducted at SR Engineering College, Warangal from 25-27 Sept., 2019.
- Two session conducted on the topic “Enhancing the Quality and Quantity of Research Publications” on 19th Sept., 2019 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop conducted on “Engineering Education Research, Augmented/Virtual reality, Human Computer Interaction” at Chitkara University, Punjab from 24th June to 3rd July, 2019.
- Expert lecture delivered on “Teaching & Learning Methods” organized by Chitkara School of Hospitality, Chitkara University, Punjab on 27th June, 2019.
- Expert lecture delivered on ” Innovative Pedagogical practices and Assessment Methods” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chitkara University, Punjab on 26th June, 2019.
- Expert lecture delivered on “Innovative Pedagogical Practices & Assessment Methods” organized by Chitkara School of Art & Design, Chitkara University Punjab on 24th June, 2019.
- Expert lecture delivered on “Relevance of Ramayana on our Daily Lives” under VC Lecture Series-1 at Chitkara University, Punjab on 18th May, 2019.
- Invited Expert lecture delivered on “Creative Pedagogy and its Significance in Engineering Education” under FDP program for delivering lecture on “Assessment and Evaluation” Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai from 3-4 May, 2019.
- IUCEE Workshop conducted at Rajkot from 17-19 April, 2019.
- IIEECP Phase-I certification workshop conducted at PST- Institute of Advanced Studies, Coimbatore from 26-28 October, 2018.
- Workshop conducted on “Education Research, Data Mining, IoT Applications” under Summer School-2018 from 25 June to 6th July, 2018.
- Expert Talk delivered “Problem based learning and design of course delivery plan” under FDP Program Technologies in Teaching and Research organized by Chitkara Business School, Chitkara University, Punjab on 30th May, 2018.
- IUCEE Phase I Workshop conducted at Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai, 3-5 May, 2018.
- IIEECP Pre-Certification Workshop from 6-8 March, 2018 at St Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore.
- IUCEE -IIECP Pre-certification workshop from 4-6 Dec , 2017 at Rajkot.
- Workshop on IUCEE-AP Chapter from 31 June- 2 July, 2017 at Andhra Pradesh.
- Workshop on “Designing Active Learning Techniques for Implementation in Class Rooms” on 3rd July, 2017 during Summer School-2017, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop on “Blended Learning Models Assessment Strategies for freshmen year of Engineering” from 10-13th July, 2017 during Summer School-2017, Chitkara University, Punjab.
- IUCEE-IIECP Pre-certification workshop for Engineering Educators from 19-21 April, 2017 at Hyderabad.
- Expert Talk for Alpha Teachers [B.Ed students] on the topic “Dimensions and Levels of Learning for Assessing-with Emphasis on Bloom’s Taxonomy, Merging Blue Print and Rubrics in Teaching” on March 30, 2017 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop on “IUCEE- IGIP Pre-certification workshop for Engineering Faculty”, 8-10 March, 2017 at Rajkot.
- Workshop on “IIECP Engineering Educator’s Pre Certification Workshop” Nov 27 -Dec 1, 2016 at Hyderabad.
- Workshop on “IUCEE- IGIP pre-certification Workshop for Engineering Faculty”, June 30-July 2, 2016 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop on “Designing and analysing mid-term Assessments to Address Course Objectives and Improve Class Performance”, June 20-22, 2016 during Summer School-2016 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop on “Evolving Blended Learning Models for Engineering Education” during IEEE 3rd International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education, 2015 (MITE 2015) from Oct 1-2, 2015 at ACET, Amritsar.
- Workshop on “How to Write Effective Test Items for Question Papers”, during Summer School-2015, 1-2 July, 2015 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Workshop on “Outcome Based Education”, during Summer School-2015, 6-8 July 2015 at Chitkara University, Punjab.
- Training program on “Project Based Learning for students”, June 2009, July 2010 and May 2011.
- Workshop on “Project and Problem Based Learning” for faculty June 2009, July 2010 and May 2011.
08 years, Senior Engineer (Design and development), Optel Telecommunications Ltd, Bhopal (1989 to 97).
At various engineering colleges (1997 to 2007)
Education Leadership, Research Management
13 years (2007 to till date)
She started her career with Optel Telecommunications Limited (OTL), Bhopal—the pioneers of optical fiber communication in India. At OTL, she was honoured with Outstanding Performance Award from amongst 800 employees, in recognition of her talent, penchant for innovation and time-bound efforts in indigenizing a critical design of the Japanese OPTIMUX.
During her eight-year stint at OTL, she successfully led her team, which also designed and developed the very first Fibre Optic Terminal Equipment (OLTE) for the Indian Army. This 2/8 Mb OLTE Project was subjected to very stringent field trials by the Signals Team of 21 Corps of the Indian Army before being finally approved for induction in to service.
While working in OTL, she simultaneously pursued and completed the M.Tech. Degree in Digital Communications from National Institute of Technology—the erstwhile Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT)—Bhopal, in 1998, and was awarded the coveted gold medal. She has also topped the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MP PSC) examination conducted for recruitment of faculty in government engineering colleges.