- Solid State Electronic Devices, D. K. Bhattacharya, Rajnish Sharma, Oxford University Press, 2014 (2nd reprint), ISBN: 9780198084570 https://global.oup.com/academic/product/solid-state-electronic-devices-9780198084570?cc=in&lang=en&
- Proceedings of International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networks, Published in Communications and Information in Computer Science (CCIS) series of books published by Springer, Year 2018 | https://www.springer.com/it/book/9789811307546#aboutBook
- “Investigation of electrical/analog performance and reliability of gate metal and source pocket engineered DG-TFET”, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey, Rajnish Sharma and Rishu Chaujar, Microsystem Technologies, Springer, April 2020.
- “A 1.1 µW biopotential amplifier based on bulk-driven quasi-floating gate technique with extremely low-value of offset voltage”, Preeti Sharma, Kulbhushan Sharma, H.S Jatana, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey and Rajnish Sharma, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, Springer, April 2020.
- “Numerical analysis of Mg2Si/Si heterojunction DG-TFET for low power/high performance applications: Impact of non- idealities” Jaya Madan, Minaxi Dassi, Rahul Pandey, Rishu Chaujar and Rajnish Sharma, Superlattices and Microstructures, Elsevier, vol. 139, p. 106397, 2020
- “Device simulation of 17.3% efficient lead-free all-perovskite tandem solar cell”, Jaya Madan, Shivani, Rahul Pandey* and Rajnish Sharma, Solar Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197, p. 212-221, 2020
- “Impact of metal silicide source electrode on polarity gate induced source in junctionless TFET”, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey, Rajnish Sharma and Rishu Chaujar, Applied Physics A. ; 125(9):600, 2019
- “Toward the design of monolithic 23.1% efficient hysteresis and moisture free perovskite/c-Si HJ tandem solar cell: A numerical simulation study”, Rahul Pandey, Anu Singla, Jaya Madan, Rajnish Sharma and Rishu Chaujar, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, IOP, vol. 29, p. 064001, 2019
- “Design of high gain, high reverse isolation and high input matched narrowband LNA for GPS L1 band applications using 0.18µm technology”, Sagar Juneja, Rajnish Sharma, Iranian Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, 15 (4), pp. 444-452, 2019
- “Design considerations for effective neural signal sensing and amplification: a review”, Kulbhushan Sharma and Rajnish Sharma, Biomedical Physics & Engineering Expres , , Vol 5, no. 4, 042001, 2019
- “Effect of substrate bias on SE, XPS and XAES studies of Diamond Like Carbon Films grown by Saddle field fast atom beam source”, Rajnish Sharma, O.S.Panwar, Sushil Kumar, D.Sarangi, A.Goullet, P.N.Dixit and R.Bhattacharyya, Applied Surface Science, 220, 313 – 320, 2003
- “Electron field emission from Diamond Like Carbon Films grown by saddle field fast atom beam source”; O. S. Panwar, Rajnish Sharma, Sushil Kumar, P.N.Dixit, J.Vac. Sci. and Technol. B 21 (5), 1986- 1995, Sept / Oct 2003
- “Dependence of Field – Emission Threshold in Diamond – like Carbon Films Grown by Various Techniques”; O.S.Panwar, Sushil Kumar, S.S.Rajput, Rajnish Sharma and R.Bhattacharyya Vacuum, 72, 183 – 192, 2004
- “Selective Deposition of a Thin Copper Film for Metallization on Silicon by the Chemical Bath Process”, Sunil Dhingra, Rajnish Sharma, P.J.George, Solid state Electronics, 43, 2231, 1999
- “Composition of Glass Substrates: an Important Consideration for Depositing Adherent Diamond like Carbon Films”,S.Kumar, S.Kumar, P.N.Dixit, C.M.S.Rauthan, R Sharma, M.Y.Khan, and R.Bhattacharyya, Journal of Materials Science Letters, 19, 2055, 2000
- “Field Emission in Diamond – like Carbon Films Grown by Various Techniques”,O.S.Panwar, Sushil Kumar, S S Rajput, Rajnish Sharma, R Bhattacharyya, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics Vol. 41, 175 – 182, 2003
- “Effect of temperature on analog performance of Mg2Si source heterojunction double gate tunnel field effect transistor”, Minaxi Dassi, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey and R. Sharma, International Conference on Aspects of Materials Science and Engineering (ICAMSE 2020), 29-30th May, 2020, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India. (Accepted).
- “Built-in reliability investigation of gate-drain underlapped PNIN-GAA-TFET for improved linearity and reduced intermodulation distortion”, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey, Rajnish Sharma, Skanda Shekhar and Rishu Chaujar, 6th International Conference on ‘Microelectronics, Circuits and Systems’, Micro2019, 06-07th July, 2019, Amity University, Kolkata, India. (Presented).
- “Numerical Simulations to Understand the Role of DIO Additive in PTB7:PC71BM Solar Cell”, Rahul Pandey, Jaya Madan, Rajnish Sharma and Rishu Chaujar 46th IEEE PVSC, 16th -21st June 2019, Chicago, IL, USA.
- “Designing of CZTSSe Based SnS Thin Film Solar Cell for Improved Conversion Efficiency: A Simulation Study with SCAPS ”, Shivani, Jaya Madan, Rahul Pandey and Rajnish Sharma “Designing of CZTSSe Based SnS Thin Film Solar Cell for Improved Conversion Efficiency: A Simulation Study with SCAPS ” 46th IEEE PVSC, 16th -21st June 2019, Chicago, IL, USA.
- “Design and Simulation of Novel Perovskite/Mg2Si Based Monolithic Tandem Solar Cell With 25.5% Conversion Efficiency”, Anisha Pathania, Rahul Pandey, Jaya Madan and Rajnish Sharma 46th IEEE PVSC, 16th -21st June 2019, Chicago, IL, USA.
- “Studies on the outcome and relevance of research in Artificial Intelligence domain in South Asian subcontinent” , Preeti Sharmaa , Jaya Madana , Surpreet Mannb , Archana Mantri , Rajnish Sharma*, Presented at World Engineering Education Forum conference held at Chennai from 13th to 16th November, 2019 | Proceeding to be published in Elsevier Prcoedia Computer Science
- “Inculcating the spirit and passion for research among Engineering students at Undergraduate level”, Kulbhushan Sharma, Yashika Sharma, Archana Mantri and Rajnish Sharma, Presented at World Engineering Education Forum conference held at Chennai from 13th to 16th November, 2019 | Proceeding to be published in Elsevier Prcoedia Computer Science
- “Challenges faced in running ‘Train the Trainers’ program by industry professionals and possible solutions”, Sagar Juneja, Rahul Pandey, Vanshika Arora, Rajnish Sharma, Archana Mantri* | Presented at World Engineering Education Forum conference held at Chennai from 13th to 16th November, 2019 | Proceeding to be published in Elsevier Prcoedia Computer Science
- “Design of an Integrator-Differentiator Block For a Transimpedance Amplifier Using 0.18 micron m Technology”, Chander Partap Singh ;Anisha Pathania ; Kulbhushan Sharma ; Jaya Madan ; Rajnish Sharma, Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC) 2019 held at Kolkata
- “Analytical modelling and simulation of pseudo-resistive circuit techniques for biomedical applications”, Kulbhushan Sharma, AnishaPathania and Rajnish Sharma, Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC) 2019 held at Kolkata
- “A Low Power Biopotential Amplifier based on Bulk Driven Quasi Floating Gate Technique”Preeti Sharma, Kulbhushan Sharma, H. S. Jatana and Rajnish Sharma, Devices for Integrated Circuit (DevIC) 2019 held at Kolkata
- Rupinder Kaur, Jaya Madan, Rajnish Sharma, Rahul Pandey and Rishu Chaujar “Capacitive Analysis of Hetero Material Gate PNIN-DG-TFET over Diverge Temperature Range for Superior RF/Microwave Performance” IEEE EDKCON 2018, 24th -25th Nov. 2018, Kolkata, India.
14. Anu Singla, Rahul Pandey, Rajnish Sharma, Jaya Madan, Kanwardeep Singh, Vinod Kumar Yadav and Rishu Chaujar “Numerical Simulation of CeOx ETL based Perovskite Solar Cell: – An optimization study for high efficiency and stability” IEEE EDKCON 2018, 24th -25th Nov. 2018, Kolkata, India.
- Jaya Madan, Sandeep Sachdeva, Rupinder Kaur, Rajnish Sharma, Rahul Pandey and Rishu Chaujar “Electrical Characteristics Assessment of Gate Metal and Source Pocket Engineered DG-TFET for low Power Analog Applications” IEEE EDKCON 2018, 24th -25th Nov. 2018, Kolkata, India.
- Navneet Arora, Rahul Pandey, Rajnish Sharma, Jaya Madan and Rishu Chaujar “Parametric Variation of ZnSe/TiO2 Electron Transport Layer Based Perovskite Solar Cell: A Simulation Study and Optimization” IEEE EDKCON 2018, 24th -25th Nov. 2018, Kolkata, India.
- “Energy analysis of two-tiered clustered architectures for smart world applications”, Rajvir Singh ; Rajnish Sharma ; C. Rama Krishna ; RenuVig, , IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10-HTC), 2017
- “Strategic Partnership with Industry to Strengthen Core Competency in Electronics – Need, Opportunities, Challenges and Success Stories”, Sagar Juneja and Rajnish Sharma and ArchanaMantri, , 7th World Engineering Education Forum (WEEF), 2017
- “Highly consistent bulk driven quasi floating gate (BDQFG) PMOS pseudo-resistor design and implementation in 0.18 micron meter technology”,Kulbhushan Sharma and Rajnish Sharma, IEEE Region 10 Conference TENCON 2017
- “Quantum Confined Model For a Novel Tri-material Gate Stack Engineered Double Gate MOSFET”,Dhriti Duggal, Rajnish Sharma, Bhanu Kapoor; Joint International EUROSOI Workshop and International Conference on Ultimate Integration on Silicon (ULIS), April 3-5, 2017 held in Athens, Greece
- “Electroporation Based Enhanced Anticancer Effect of Veliparib on Triple Negative Breast Cancer Cells”, Vishveswaran Jothi, Vishak Raman, Rajnish Sharma, Ignacio Camarillo Raji Sundararajan, ESA conference held at Purdue University from June 13 to June 16, 2016 |
- “A Comparative Study on Different Pedagogy Strategies in Engineering Interdisciplinary”, Sartajvir Singh, Vishakha Sood, Lipika Goyal, Rajnish Sharma, December 2014 Conference: International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL), At 03-06 December 2014, Dubai, UAE, Volume: 2014;
- “Trimester-Based Academic System in Engineering Institutes: Chitkara University – A Case Study”; Oct 2010; ASEE Global Colloquim on Engineering Education; Rajnish Sharma, R S Grewal, ArchanaMantri, Madhu Chitkara held at Singapore
- “Diamond Like Carbon Films Grown by Saddle Field Fast Atom Beam Source at Different Biases”, Rajnish Sharma, Sushil Kumar, P.N.Dixit, O.S.Panwar, Sudhir Kumar, C.M.S.Rauthan, K.M.K.Srivatsa, P.J.George and R.Bhattacharyya (Presented at MRS Spring meeting held in San Francisco, CA, USA from 28th March, 2005 to 1st April, 2005).
- “Integrating PBL into Traditional Framework: Converting Challenges into Opportunities”, Archana Mantri, J.P. Gupta, Sunil Dutt, Rajnish Sharma presented at 2009 ASEE Global Colloquium on Engineering Education held at Budapest, Hungary from 12th to 15th October, 2009.
- “Review Article on Analytical Models for the Single Gate and Double Gate MOSFETs in Subthreshold Regime”, Dhriti Duggal, Rajnish Sharma, International Conference on Microelectronics, Computing and Communications (MicroCom) held at NIT Durgapur, IEEE Explore database held on 25th January 2016
- “Optimisation for Minimum Noise Figure of RF Low Noise Amplifier in 0.18µm Technology”, MinaxiDassi, Rajnish Sharma, 25 – 28, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Special Issue 1, (Volume 2), 2015
- “Codec Scheme for Power Optimization in VLSI Interconnects”, Dhriti Duggal, Rajnish Sharma# 96 – 99, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering Special Issue 1, (Volume 2), 2015
- “Enhancement in Polymer LED Performance using Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) Thin Films—A review”, Sriram K, Arvind Pawan R, Rajnish Sharmapresented at National Seminar on Photonic Polymers: Materials, Devices and Applications at BITS, Pilani from April 3 to 4, 2008.
- “Design of an RF LNA using 0.25-micron technology”, Pranjal Rastogi, J. Karthik, Rajnish Sharma, VDAT 2008 held from July 23 – 26, 2008 at Bangalore, India
- “Capacitance – Voltage Characteristics of Metal – Diamond Like Carbon – Silicon structures” ; Rajnish Sharma, Sushil Kumar, C.M.S.Rauthan, Sudhir Kumar, B.Prasad, P.N.Dixit, P.J.George and R.Bhattacharyya : Proceedings of the tenth International workshop on Physics of semiconductor devices held at New Delhi,December, 1999 Edited by Vikram Kumar and S.K.Aggarwal, Page no. 1444 – 1447.
- “Applications of Hydrogenated Amorphous Carbon Films”; Rajnish Sharma, Sushil Kumar, Sudheer Kumar, O.S.Panwar, P.N.Dixit and R.Bhattacharyya: Advances in Carbon Materials ( Indian Scenario ), Proceedings of the National Conference held at New Delhi, Nov. 25 – 26, 1999, edited by O.P.Bahl and T.L.Dhami, Page no. 269 – 277. The presentation was highly appreciated.
- “Field Emission from Diamond Like Carbon Films Grown by RF PECVD Technique Using Various Hydrocarbons”; O.S.Panwar, Sushil Kumar, S.S.Rajput, Rajnish Sharmaand R.Bhattacharyya: proceedings of the tenth International workshop on Physics of semiconductor devices held at New Delhi, edited by Vikram Kumar and S.K.Agarwal, Page no. 1400 – 1404. (WAS AWARDED THE BEST POSTER PAPER AWARD )
- “Chemical Bath Deposition of Thin Copper Film for Metallization on Silicon”; Sunil Dhingra, Rajnish Sharma, M.S.Yadav and P.J.George: Proceedings of the Solid State Physics Symposium, 41 (1998 ), page no. 217 – 218.
Field of Specialization
pn junction based devices, RF Low Noise Amplifier design, neural Amplifier design, Thin Film Deposition, Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition Systems, Vacuum systems capable of generating Vacuum of the order of 10-6Torr, Academic system setup
Training programs / Conferences / Workshops conducted
- Conducted National Workshop on VLSI Design and Embedded Systems from 24th to 26th February 2006 along with another convener Dr.(Mrs.)Anu Gupta. The workshop was funded by Ministry of Science and Technology (Govt. Of India), University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical Education, Honeywell technologies Solutions Pvt. Limited and IEEE (ED/ MTTT) India Chapter. The workshop was attended by total 40 participants out of which 31 were from different academic institutes and 09 were from industries.
- Conducted National Workshop on Analog and RF Design from 16th to 18th March 2007 along with another convener Dr.(Mrs.) Anu Gupta. The workshop was sponsored by Genesis Microchip (India) Pvt. Ltd. and IEEE (ED/MTTT) India Chapter. A total of 19 participants attended this workshop out of which 18 were from industries like Analog Devices, Wipro VLSI and Genesis Microchip etc. Resource persons were also called from industries and academic institutions of repute like IIT, Chennai, ST Microelectronics and Texas Instruments.
- Chief Advisor for WECON 2009 conducted at CIET, Rajpura, Punjab, India
- Local Organizing Chair of VDAT 2010, a flagship event of VLSI Society of India
- Associate Chair for International Conference on Computing, Analytics and Networks 2017 | https://www.chitkara.edu.in/cse-can/
- Local Organizing Chair for ACM COMPUTE 2018, www.acm-comute.in
- Associate Local organizing Chair for ICTIEE 2019 | http://ictiee.org/ictiee2019/
- Technical Program committee chair for WECON 2018 | https://www.chitkara.edu.in/wecon/#
- Technical Program Committee chair for Indo Taiwan ICAN 2019 | https://www.chitkara.edu.in/cse-can/
– at Chitkara University
- RF Microelectronics
- Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- Physics of Semiconductor Devices
- Basics of Electronics Engineering
- Fundamentals of Electronic Devices
- Publishing Research
– at BITS, Pilani
- RF Microelectronics, Full course
- Electronic Devices and Integrated Circuits, Full course
- Microelectronic Circuits Tutorial
- Circuits and Systems, Tutorial
- Analog Electronics Practical
– at M M Engineering College, Mullana
- VLSI Design
- Semiconductor Devices and Vacuum Tubes
- Basics of Instrumentation system
- “Investigations aimed at producing Diamond Like Carbon Films with extremely low values of stress and broad range of dielectric constant”, Project sanctioned by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
Value – 10.92 lacs
Duration – 3 and half years | completed in 2012
Principle Investigator – Dr Rajnish Sharma
Thin Film Deposition
- Plasma Enhanced Chemical vapor Deposition Systems
- Vacuum systems capable of generating Vacuum of the order of 10-6 Torr
- pn junction based devices
- RF Low Noise Amplifier design
- Academic system setup
2020 Publicity and Public Relations Committee chair, INDICON 2020 conference | http://www.indicon2020.in/committee/oc.html
2020 Pro Tem Joint Secretary, IEEE Delhi section | https://www.ewh.ieee.org/r10/delhi/
2019 Delivered an invited talk at SSPL (A DRDO Laboratory) at New Delhi on 14th June, 2019
2019 Delivered an invited talk at DevIC 2019 conference held at Kalyani Govt. Engineering College, Kolkata from 23rd to 24th March, 2019
2019 Inducted into Executive committee of IEEE ED Chapter of IEEE Delhi section
2019 Inducted into Executive committee of IEEE Delhi section
2019 Attended the NAAC Accessors Orientation program held at Panjab University, Chandigarh
2018 Technical Program chair of IEEE approved WECON 2018 conference held at Chitkara University, Punjab conference from 16th to 17th November, 2018
2018 Was invited to attend the Microsoft Research seminar held at IIIT, Hyderabad from 24th 25th January, 2018
2018 Local organising chair of COMPUTE 2018, an event conducted in collaboration with ACM India at Chitkara University, Punjab campus in October, 2018
2017 Invited to participate in GEDC Industry Forum, 2017 held at Fontainebleau, France
2017 Elevated to Senior member grade of IEEE
2016 Invited to participate in Global Engineering Education Leadership Conference, 2016 held at Shenzhen, China “ Made a presentation over there. Same is available at conference website – http://geelc2016.sustc.edu.cn/downloads.html
2016 Visiting Professor at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47906, USA
2016 Panelist in one of the Panel discussions at Technology Education workshop held at Infosys campus
2014 Panelist at one of the Panel Discussions in World Engineering Education Forum, December 2014 in Dubai.
2014 Session Chair in one of the sessions during Texas Instruments VLSIEducators Meet, Bangalore, India, April 2014
2013 Invited Talk to under graduate students at Rose Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, USA, October 2013
2013 Founder Editor for ‘Journal on Today’s Ideas – Tomorrow’s technologies’ –a journal published by Chitkara University Publications
2012 Resource Person for a half day Tutorial sessions at ‘VLSI Design and Test Symposium’ held at Wipro Campus, Pune, India, July 2012
2010 Resource Person for half day IUCEE sessions at RV College, Bangalore,India, July2010
2010 Local Program Chair for VLSI Design and Test Symposium (VDAT) 2010, July 2010
2008 Got published a book titled “Solid State Electronic Devices” by Oxford University Publications
2007 Granted a project aid from Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India for INR 1.1 Miliion
2006 Got a research grant of INR 75K from AICTE, Govt. of India to organise a workshop on Analog and RF design
2006 Got a research grant of INR 50K from Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India to organise a workshop on usage of VLSI tools
2005 Granted travel aid from UGC, DST and CSIR India for my travel to USA to present a research paper at MRS symposium, March 2005
1999 Best poster paper award at IEEE – Physics of Semiconductor Devices conferenceat IIT, Delhi Campus
1997 University Research Scholarship by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India
PhD : Electronic Science, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi / Kurukshetra University, India, January 2002
M.Sc. : Electronic Science (VLSI), First Class, Kurukshetra University, India, June 1996
B.Sc. : Electronic Science, First Class, Kurukshetra University, India, June 1994